Wednesday 14 December 2011

Online Invitations

    The Q:  I’m hosting a bridal shower.  Is it OK to send out online invitations?  Must I send paper ones?  I haven’t ever hosted a shower before and I’m not sure what the designer prom dresses  etiquette is. The A:  As I think I’ve posted before, I personally, love a paper invitation because we get such crappy snail mail these days, it feels so lovely and special to receive a paper invite.
     HOWEVER, I am getting with the program, and while I still feel like it’s NOT OK to send digital invites for the wedding itself, it is perfectly acceptable for showers, luncheons and I might go as far as to say informal engagement celebrations. Now, that’s not  an excuse to use send an email or a text message with the time and date!  Let’s not cut all the corners, but it is an OK to design an html email OR even better- an electronic invite with style. Maybe it’s my age, but there is something about Evites that SCREAM my early 20′s to me, so I was delighted when I got the link to Pingg – one of the more stylish, discount prom dresses  ADVERTISING FREE e-vite like sites that I’ve ever seen. AND it is so easy to use. I created a fake invitation in preview to show you gals without having to register (I hate having to register) Obviously, at some poine, you must register to use it, but it’s awesome! And it’s free.  Here is the image I picked for a potential bridal shower or bridesmaids luncheon. 
     You can even share through facebook. Please remember though, drop ship prom dresses  with things like showers that involve several age groups, you need to be sure that grandmothers and others who might not be online are able to get the information that they need, and not feel that they were somehow slighted!      

No comments:

Post a Comment